When your car gets damaged and you want the very best auto body shop, it can be a little overwhelming when you realize that there are many to choose from. Choosing the right auto body shop can mean the difference between a new-looking car and a headache of future problems. Below are a few tips to help you choose the best auto body shop for your needs:
- Word-of-Mouth – When choosing an auto body shop, be sure to ask around to see who your family, friends, and coworkers recommend. Often times those who have had recent auto body work done will have an opinion and can save you from having a bad experience.
- Estimates – Get estimates from at least a few different auto body shops. You want to make sure you are not being overcharged, but you also don’t want to go to the least expensive shop either. Often times they are the least expensive because they cut corners and you may have issues later down the road.
- Questions – We recommend that you ask all potential auto body shops several questions before deciding to use them. Some questions to ask are:
- Do you offer a warranty?
- Do you carry insurance?
- Do you have a business license?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are the parts you are going to use for my car new?
Following these simple tips will help you not get taken advantage of and will likely make you a repeat customer of a great auto body shop.